Terms of Affiliation
The AFALA – The African Assembly of Linguistic Anthropology warmly welcomes academic and professional institutions and associations with programs related to cultural and other anthropologies, to cultural studies, linguistics, humanities, and social sciences, in general, and African Linguistic Anthropology, in particular, to become formal Affiliates of The AFALA.
- AFALA Affiliates will receive the following benefits:
- 20% discount on conference registration
- 10% discount on The AFALA products, proceeds from which will be used to support future programs, including assistance to endangered communities
- Recognition at each AFALA conference, including on signage, in the official program and in the conference proceedings
- Access to a conference information table to display program materials, including video presentations
- Space on The AFALA website to disseminate program information.
- Request for AFALA affilaites:
- Encourage staff, faculty, members, and colleagues to submit abstracts for upcoming conferences.
- Encourage staff, faculty, members, and colleagues to register and attend The AFALA conferences.
- Here, the AFALA will provide Affiliates with templates, which they may use at their discretion, to promote the Conferences.
- Institutions and Associations may become Affiliates by simple written agreement, by email or other means.
- Affiliation may occur in response to an invitation from The AFALA or as a result of a self-nomination.
Institutions and Associations that wish to end their affiliation may do so through written notice to The AFALA via the contact form on the website.